Landfill Restoration Project
Located north of Priest River, this project was a restoration of an old landfill site that was operated from 1900 until 1972. In early 2000 residents filed complaints with IDEQ and the EPA regarding mercury release at the old city dump. By 2009 the land was transferred to PCFC ownership and under our control we were able to apply and get approved for the Brownfields Clean-up Grant with the EPA. In 2011 the first machines pulled onto the site and removed nearly 240,000 pounds of debris. The local contractor recontoured the slope, brought in top soil, and eventually planted native shrubs and hydroseeded the whole thing with the exception of the walking path and parking lot.